Monday, April 9, 2012

Day 7

We left town today to get back on the trail. It was really nice to have a rest day. The shuttle took us back and we started the hike at about 945am. We hiked for about 12 miles today and I experienced what I thought waz the steepest climb so far. We finished our first state today and crossed into North Carolina at about 2pm. We are slowly getting closer to the smokies. Its been getting a bit chillier at night than it used to which is nice because my sleeping bag has been getting really warm.
I've hiked two strong days in my five fingers and feel like if im still liking them by the time I get to Franklin I will mail my boots home. Right now I am just carrying them in my pack and they are just weighing me down. If I send them back I can loose 3 more pounds in weight, which will feel great!  I also won our first game of trail cribbage using dice instead of a board. It worked but didn't really give us the aspect of the chase like the peg boards do. Well I'm gonna get to bed, it feels weird going to sleep at 9pm every night but feels good to start the day off early
-Turbo

No comments:

Post a Comment