Sunday, April 15, 2012

Day 14

Didn't sleep very well last night due to the cramped camping spots causing us to sleep on a slant. We got up and were on our way by about 845am.
We actually had kind of a hard day today I was feeling pretty sick earlier with some stomach problems but I started feeling better after a quick rest at a shelter along the trail. We hiked about 16 miles to finish at a shelter. This is the first time that we were abke to sleep in a shelter. I was pretty much running on the trail to make sure we could get a spot. I even went about 3 miles without water towards the end since Tabb had the filter and he was behind me. It definitly paid off though because there were only 3 spots left in the shelter when I got there and I passed 4 people on the way. We get to fall asleep to a fire in the fire place tonight and someone playing Native American sounding music on their wood flute. We are getting picked up tomorrow by Craig, my dads old college roommate, and we'll get a chance to relax and get cleaned up. I think we may go a little slower when we get back on the trail to wait for some of the guys we were hiking with before, we are actuay kind of missing all of them.
We should be able to have service tomorrow night if anyone wants to call us, have a goodnight everyone.
-Turbo Toes

No comments:

Post a Comment