Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Day 1

So I think that today was a great first day! We got to the trail a little late but ended up still finishing our first day's goal. We had to backtrack about a mile from the parking lot to get to the top of springer mountain (trail start) and then ended up hiking about 8 miles from there to the hawk mountain shelter. The shelter and everywhere sourounding is packed probably around 40 people here. We saw something kind of interesting also, there were a lot of military men and women hiking around near the entrance to the shelter. I suppose they hiked a little further down (not actually on any trails) and I suppose now they are doing some sort of war game due to all the gunfire we can here in the distance. Hopefully I can get some sleep through it. We have another short day tommorrow, only hiking about 7 miles. Tomorrows hike shouldn't be too bad I think since we have the entire day and we hiked about 9 miles today in about 4 hours. We'll see maybe we'll push past our goal. I have been using our tracker so you should be able to see our progress if you check the link. Good night everyone.

-Turbo,

No comments:

Post a Comment