Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Day 20

The weather was actually decent today. We were expecting rain but it was no where to be seen. There should still be rain the next couple days though sadly. We woke up in a cloud though today which was pretty cool and soon realized why these mountains are called the smokys.
We hiked about 20 miles today and I think I'm gonna give up my vibrams and switch to my low top boots. They were just not very much fun in the rain and after a while I just start to not like hiking due to the fact that I'm constantly thinking about my feet while I'm hiking in them. I suppose I may need to get a new trail name, I guess we'll see its still pretty early on in the trail.
We were able to make it in a shelter tonight which was really nice. We prefer the shelters over having to set up our tents, I think mainly just because they allow more room to move around in. Tonight will be our last night in the Great Smokey Mountains National Park. It kind of stinks since all the shelters and mileage signs were really nice but maybe it'll be less crowded getting out of here. Goodnight everyone.
-Turbo Toes

No comments:

Post a Comment