Saturday, May 26, 2012

May 23

     It has been a lot of fun hiking these last few days. We were able to get back in to Damascus, Va to be able to go to Trail Days. It took us about 3 hitches to get into town but it really wasn't that hard. What made the trip easy was that a lady named Road Angel decided to take us most of the way there just because that's where we needed to go, we didn't realize she wasn't already going there until we were already on our way. She is a super nice lady and we really appreciated the ride.
     Being at Trail Days was a blast. We were able to see all our hiker friends again since they all came back from wherever they were on the trail. We also got to relax a lot and talk to all the reps from all the companies where all of our gear is from. We apent a lot of time "hanging out" at the Eagles Nest Outitters area where they had a lot of hammocks set up. I think Son and I actually ended up selling a lot of hammocks for them. We were hoping they might give us a couple of their pro nest hammocks but no luck. We however did woo over the girl that was selling the hammocks and she ended up giving us all a ride back to the trail where we left, which was a long way away. She was a lot of fun and made me think a little better about ENO then I did before. When I was at Trail Days I was also able to get a new pack and sleeping bag and send some things home to lose a total of 8 pounds off my pack, which is really awesome because now my pack is extremely light.
     We have been getting to a lot of really great camping spots and awesome views since ww have been back on the trail from Trail Days. We camped at an awesome campsite near a waterfall one night and had a great fire there. I need to make sure I go back there sometime when its a bit warmer because it looked like a great place to swim and spend the day.
      Well I'll have to fill everyone in with more tomorrow because I'm falling asleep while writing. Hiker midnight is 9pm by the way and it is 936 right now. Goodnight everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment