Monday, May 14, 2012

May 12th

Today was a pretty nice day with great weather, first blue sky in a while. I hiked with Dayglow, Son and White Wolf today since I was able to meet back up with them at the shelter last night which was really nice. We had a great day of walking through mountaintop balds again with really great views. We hit some trail magic right around lunch time where a guy was grilling up hamburgers and hot dogs, the classics never get old, which were delicious. My favorite part of the day though was when we came across some wild ponies on top of the mountain. The ponies were actually really friendly and enjoyed licking all the salt off my arms. We came into the shelter where we were going to camp and there were lots of people there and realized it must be a weekend. We camped a little ways past the shelter and made a pretty big fire. Today was a really nice day, a little different that Tabb wasn't with me but I think this alone time will be nice for me.
-Turbo Toes

No comments:

Post a Comment