Tuesday, May 15, 2012

May 14th

     30 miles yesterday! I don't think that I will be trying that again for a while it is kind of hurting today. Son and Dayglow both did it with me. After 26 miles my body just really starting breaking down. We decided to go 30 because we heard you could ordr pizza at the next shelter from the one we were at when we had already done 20. So when we got there I called up the pizza place and they said their policy was that they couldn't deliver to where we were past 7pm and it was already 845pm. Well with some shmoozing and begging I was able to convince them to come out. The pizza was well worth the 30 mile day.
     Today we did about 12 miles to get to Atkins and we stayed in a place called the Relax Inn which ended up costing us about $18 a person. I didn't really want to stay and spend the money but it was supposed to be a horrible thunderstorm later so I gave in. Turns out the weather report was right and all of a sudden water just came pooring out of the sky. All I could think about was man I'm glad I am not in my tent for this.
     Well not many more miles till we'll try and hitch back for trail days. I'm getting pretty excited about it, lots of people are saying its really fun. I hope everyone is planning on coming to Halls Hovel to come camp with me for a couple days it'll be really nice to see everyone.

1 comment: