Monday, July 9, 2012

July 9

I was really hoping for the fact that when I got out of PA these darn rocks would ease up and give my feet a little break but they are at it again here in NJ. So far however everything about NJ has been pretty awesome. We have finally been getting some great scenery again with some awesome views. There seems to be a lot more creeks and water along the way as well. My plan when I got out of PA was to start doing 30 mile days until I had to go back for my sisters wedding but after the first one and the rocks still not letting up much, my feet just aren't going to be able to take it doing that kind of mileage. It also didn't help that yesterday we came across a nice lake to go swimming in for a while. We came down from what is known as the highest point in NJ yesterday to go throigh some bogs and farmland. Going through the bogs was probably one of my favorite portions of the trail so far. When you hike through them you walk on all these elevated boards so it kind of seems like walking through a rainforest all most. Well right now I'm sitting on the porch of the general store here in a little town called Unionville NY. This has been a really great little town to stay the night at. I got to meet a really cute girl yesterday and talk to her for a while. She seems to be the first girl I have met in a while that was really cute and I could be a bit interested in. She kind of comes off as one of those small town girls that is genuinely nice and I don't think realizes she is as pretty as she is. I really hope that I'll be able to see her again someday. I think its really awesome how one day I may be driving somewhere and pass through one of these small towns and know that I have had some kind of experience there. This kind of thing has been my favorite part of hiking so far.
-Turbo Zero

1 comment: